The I-27 Yard Sale

Last week was the I-27 yard sale. It's called the longest yard sale in the world. Vendors set up with their wares all along the I-27 highway. The largest concentration I have found in Tennessee is in Crossville North towards Jamestown and then south just past Crossville. We drove up from Crossville up to Albany one day, then from Crossville down to Chattanooga the next day. There are hundreds of people set up selling everything from junk to cool antiques and collectibles. We spent hours driving and looking for special treasures. I think the most fun I had was taking pictures for my blog.

As I went back and edited my photos, I would see something in the picture and think "That's really cool! Why did I not ask about that piece?" Oh, well. I was busy look for special treasures for my bears. I found a few things, but not as much as I did last year. I did get a darling little child's dress. I made a pattern from it last night. I then made a really cute Halloween dress for a new bear. I can't wait to get it finished and listed.

The I-27 yard sale is the same time in Aug every year. If you happen to be in the area, it's definitely worth checking out. Even if you don't buy anything, it's fun just to look at everything and people watch.




No comments:

♥ Welcome to my blog ♥

My name is Karen Brady Hammontree, and I am the creator of Brady Bears Studio. I design one of a kind, antique style, mohair teddy bears, and other animals. I am also a mixed media artist.

I use my blog to post new works that are on eBay, Etsy, my website or shows. On my blog you will also find lots of pictures of my bears and anything else I find fun, whimsical, artistic and inspiring.

♥I do custom orders for dogs, bears and other animals.
Just send me an email for details...

♥Would you like to be on my emailing list to know when new pieces are available? Just send me a quick email......

>>>>BradyBearsStudio@yahoo.com<<<<

Thanks for visiting!