The Longest Yard Sale....

Last week my husband and I went on our yearly trip to the 1-27 yard sale. The sale runs from Michigan to Alabama along the 1-27hwy and is the first week in August. We always start in Crossville, Tn and head north just past St. York's birthplace, then back down again towards Chattanooga. We drove 350 miles that day! Good thing my husband has a Prius. We only used a half a tank of gas and maybe spent $15 in gas! That left a lot more $$$ for antique shopping. I love going on this sale and always find really neat stuff for my little bears. This year was no different, maybe even better than usual. Below are some photos of things I thought were cool. I love painted stuff, toys, trims ect. In the next few days, I will post some pics of what I bought. :)




This Owl end iron is the one thing I regret not trying to buy! My husband pointed it out to me and I even took a picture of it, why did I not ask about it? All I can say is that it was 7pm and we'd be at it since 6am. Now I'm thinking...what WAS I thinking!!! This guy would have been super cool on my mantle for Fall and Halloween. I love owls and I love Halloween! Oh well, I guess my brain and my wallet were just in overload is all I can think of. LOL! Maybe next time....


2 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

I always watch a show about this on HGTV. I would love to go to this, how fun!

Lost bears said...

I wish i were there!!!!

♥ Welcome to my blog ♥

My name is Karen Brady Hammontree, and I am the creator of Brady Bears Studio. I design one of a kind, antique style, mohair teddy bears, and other animals. I am also a mixed media artist.

I use my blog to post new works that are on eBay, Etsy, my website or shows. On my blog you will also find lots of pictures of my bears and anything else I find fun, whimsical, artistic and inspiring.

♥I do custom orders for dogs, bears and other animals.
Just send me an email for details...

♥Would you like to be on my emailing list to know when new pieces are available? Just send me a quick email......

>>>>BradyBearsStudio@yahoo.com<<<<

Thanks for visiting!