This has been my lucky week....

Check out my new goodies!

My first gift was totally unexpected and quiet wonderful...a friend of mine was really sick a few weeks ago, so I kept her daughter for a few days. No big deal right? I've already got two of my own, what's one more. My girls thought it was exciting to have a friend over for several days. I would do it for any of my friends that needed help. After she was feeling better, we went to visit them at their new house, which is fabulous by the way, but that's another blog post. Anyway, she surprised me with the cute antique bear pictured below. I have to say I was speechless! It's one of the nicest gifts I've ever received. I'd say he's from the 1920's or 30"s, and made from what appears to be rabbit fur. I did have to say, poor rabbit being made into a bear, but he's still very charming. :) I'm wondering, since he is made from real fur, if he was some sort of novelty item sold out west? I've named him Sir Sunnyside, after my friends Civil war era home. What a great friend!




My next gift, I've already told you about, is from MO at Wings and Paws Whimsies. It was her blog give away a while back. It came in the mail yesterday. I love how delicate, and charming it is. I reminds me of the vintage look thru eggs made from sugar, with their intricate scenes. I just love it! It is on my mantle with all of my other Easter lovelies. :)

Thanks again MO!

No comments:

♥ Welcome to my blog ♥

My name is Karen Brady Hammontree, and I am the creator of Brady Bears Studio. I design one of a kind, antique style, mohair teddy bears, and other animals. I am also a mixed media artist.

I use my blog to post new works that are on eBay, Etsy, my website or shows. On my blog you will also find lots of pictures of my bears and anything else I find fun, whimsical, artistic and inspiring.

♥I do custom orders for dogs, bears and other animals.
Just send me an email for details...

♥Would you like to be on my emailing list to know when new pieces are available? Just send me a quick email......

>>>>BradyBearsStudio@yahoo.com<<<<

Thanks for visiting!