Girl Scout Trip!

Yesterday we went on a Girl Scout trip. My co-leader and I have a troop of 14 girls in the 5th and 6th grades. Most of these girls have been with us since they were in Kindergarten.  We love being active and creative, so we try to play several trips during the year. The girls love to get out and do things outside of normal meetings. They also work really, really hard during cookie sales to earn money with allows us to take these trips. So remember to PLEASE buy Girl Scout cookies. :)

We had such a good time on this trip! The weather was gorgeous, low 70's. Our first stop was at Forbidden Caverns, Tn. I love to go to caves and Tn has the most caves in the Untied States. Another reason I love caves is because I also love bats. I think they are one of the most interesting creatures on earth. It's really neat to see then in their natural habitat. I'd never been to Forbidden, even though I've lived her my whole life.
This cavern has a lot of really great rock formations, and is home to a very tiny bat, which they call the, "chicken nugget bat". If you're ever near Pigeon Forge or the Gatlinburg area, stop by and check it out.

After a really nice picnic we headed over to Douglas Dam for a little hike. The day was beautiful and there were still some gorgeous leaves left on the trees. We hiked for about 1.5 hrs and had lots of fun! To end our day we made an impromptu stop at McDonald's for some well earned ice cream. YUM!












No comments:

♥ Welcome to my blog ♥

My name is Karen Brady Hammontree, and I am the creator of Brady Bears Studio. I design one of a kind, antique style, mohair teddy bears, and other animals. I am also a mixed media artist.

I use my blog to post new works that are on eBay, Etsy, my website or shows. On my blog you will also find lots of pictures of my bears and anything else I find fun, whimsical, artistic and inspiring.

♥I do custom orders for dogs, bears and other animals.
Just send me an email for details...

♥Would you like to be on my emailing list to know when new pieces are available? Just send me a quick email......

>>>>BradyBearsStudio@yahoo.com<<<<

Thanks for visiting!